Saturday 3 May 2014

Dubai to promote Furla’s Candy Bag pop-up shop

What is the best way to liven up (No, we are not making a mindnumbingly boring Blake Lively pun!) a sleepy long weekend with gloomy skies overhead? Shopping? Queuing for hours for parking to go shopping? We had something better in mind – we caught up with fashion blogger extraordinaire.
Flown in to Dubai to promote Furla’s Candy Bag pop-up shop at The Dubai Mall, the fabulous internet sensation met up with La Moda Dubai today for an intimate two-on-one interview with our editors, where Bryan discussed his collaboration with the Italian luxury accessories brand, the secrets to fashion blogging success, his Spring/Summer 2014 trend predictions, and bloggers dressing like Christmas trees.

HOW DID YOUR COLLABORATION WITH FURLA COME ABOUT?

I’ve always loved the Candy Bag, it’s such an iconic piece. I started my Candy Bag four and half years ago, and people from Furla saw me blog about my bag. We started working together two and a half years ago – I attended their events and I acted pretty much like their ambassador.

WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT THE CANDY BAG?

What I love about Candy is the shape itself and the way it looks. It’s so flexible. Every season, they change it just a little bit, using different materials, styles and textures. It’s so youthful but it’s perfect for every age. My favourite piece from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection is this translucent bag with metal and leather details to dress up the PVC material.

WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE A FAVOURITE HERE?

The Middle East market is all about luxury and on this bag, the leather and metal details make it polished and refined. I know that women here have excellent taste and the way this bag is reiterated for Spring/Summer 2014 is very tasteful.

ARE YOU TOURING THE WORLD TO PROMOTE THIS COLLECTION?

I don’t know whether they want me to go to Hong Kong where they recently opened a store, but for now it’s just Dubai. We always work throughout the year though, and that’s what’s great about our professional relationship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment